Mission Not Impossible


The goal is to get my family in a house of our own by Christmas! I've got an imaginary board of directors to help and I'm willing to do whatever is legal and moral to make this happen! If a guy can get a house with "One Red Paperclip," I think I can do it too!

Friday, October 21, 2011

Questionable Square footage....

I went and visited my friend Eve and she got to show off he new house... NICE! The white carpet wouldn't work for my family but with just two kids she seems to handle it well. Her home is over 3,000 sq feet and it seemed bigger than the one we're looking at. It also has amazing closets everywhere!

I stopped by and measured "the house" and it only came up with 3,070 if I included the garage space. Not the 3313 they advertise. The county records show 1769 and 1044 unfinished. Total on that is 2813. The county says the garage is 319 sq ft so if I deducted the county's garage estimate from the 3,070 I get 2751 sq feet. That doesn't sound nearly as big. According to our agent Stephanie, the square footage is always an estimate and you have to confirm it yourself. Interesting.

I remember our big house in Oregon. It was over 3,000 sq feet of totally usable space. They measured from the inside and they also didn't count it as livable space if the roof was slanted and you had to duck! It's sure a lot easy to measure from the outside like Idaho does but a house that's 3,000 square feet in Oregon is sure a lot bigger than a 3,000 square foot house in Idaho.
Always,
Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment