Mission Not Impossible


The goal is to get my family in a house of our own by Christmas! I've got an imaginary board of directors to help and I'm willing to do whatever is legal and moral to make this happen! If a guy can get a house with "One Red Paperclip," I think I can do it too!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Unhappy Homeowners...


 Just checking my emails, surfed around and found this link.  I think you can probably relate.  We buy a house and we "love it".  It meets our needs and we are happy.  Then we start comparing and lose our gratitude.  We want MORE and BETTER and .... we DESERVE it..... 

Do we really deserve anything?  I remember an  article in the Saturday Evening Post by CS Lewis- at least I think it was by Lewis and I think it was in the Post.  The article talked about someone getting a divorce so she could be happy.  At least by getting a divorce she thought she would be happy.  He talked about the "right to happiness".  He said that we don't have a right to happiness.  The Constitution does not guarantee us  the right to happiness.  It guarantees us the right to the pursuit of happiness.  Big difference.  The right to the pursuit of happiness would mean the ability  to even own a piece of property no matter how humble or how grand.  That is one of the great privileges of living in American currently. 
http://www.tofw.com/story/343-video-parade-of-unhappy-homeowners

Yesterday I read a couple of articles about Tiger Woods ex-wife.  She's in the news because she just bulldozed an apparently perfectly good home that cost $12 million dollars.  We live in America where we have the privilege of doing whatever we want with what we have for the most part.  It sounds like she intends to build something bigger and better and with a $100 million dollar divorce settlement she can afford it.  I can't even imagine owning a $12 million dollar house let alone demolishing it to start over.  I wear it out, use it up and often do without.  My needs are pretty basic.  Not that I don't like really nice things but I can do without them especially if I can't afford them. 


 http://207.58.151.151/forum/showthread.php?t=246440
This is a sports site that shows the pictures of before and after.  I don't know who   posted the article originally but  this has the good photos. I just don't recommend reading the comments as they are vulgar.

What do you think about all this?
Have a great day!
always, Vickie




No comments:

Post a Comment