Mission Not Impossible


The goal is to get my family in a house of our own by Christmas! I've got an imaginary board of directors to help and I'm willing to do whatever is legal and moral to make this happen! If a guy can get a house with "One Red Paperclip," I think I can do it too!

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Fasting

Sunday our family fasted about getting a house, among other things. It was a very spiritual day. I've been getting a little impatient about my efforts and how things haven't worked out yet.
http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif
I remembered a book I read recently called Divine Signatures by Gerald Lund (I think..) The basic premise is that we see God's handiwork often but sometimes things are so obviously done for our benefit that it is like "He signed it". Not as eloquently as Mr. Lund put it but I think you get the gist.

I shared a special story with my family from the book about when the Lund family was faced with the possibility of having three mortgages. The father and author chose to fast every other day until he received his answer to what he should do. Within a week the Lord set things right in amazing ways and the issues that loomed large were resolved.

I decided to to likewise. I fasted Sunday. Great day..... Monday John was off and we made a trip to Idaho Falls to do some errands. Today I"m fasting again. I haven't told anyone but you my blog audience and I'll be posting a link on 48days.net for a discussion about fasting.

The day started out differently. I was awake at 5 when my hubby left for work but I stayed in bed pondering. I finally got up, did a few things like read scriptures and I started to write in my prayer journal. I had only written about 5 lines and I felt like I needed to get up and fix breakfast bars for my son. So I jumped out of my snuggly bed (my place of choice for devotions) got dressed and cooking. I didn't shower because I had to drive my son to a practice and didn't want my hair to freeze. It was probably about 4 degrees outside.

Ended up being no practice so we drove back home together. My youngest son missed the bus and I drove him to school. After dropping him off I felt a big burst of energy and decided to stop by the hardware store. They had all the stuff I needed for a homemade soap cutter for $10. I'd been waiting forever to buy one online but I couldn't bear to spend the $55. I'd called another local soap maker and her husband told me how to make one myself. Now I have one less excuses for not making soap which we need.

I came home and with more energy approached my to-do list. One thing was to contact the septic company and get a bill for my Dad before the end of the year. The quote had been $5,000. When the bill was faxed over it was for only $415! I even called to double check if there'd been a mistake. No mistake. God is good and it's not even noon yet. I can't wait to see what else I accomplish today with HIS help.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story.
    God will answer and is even now answering your prayers. God is good.

    ReplyDelete