Mission Not Impossible


The goal is to get my family in a house of our own by Christmas! I've got an imaginary board of directors to help and I'm willing to do whatever is legal and moral to make this happen! If a guy can get a house with "One Red Paperclip," I think I can do it too!

Monday, December 19, 2011

A whole heart wish......

Today we make an offer on the house we're most interested in. This is a critical pivot point in our plan to get a house for Christmas. We could walk in to a different house, make an offer and it would be accepted in heartbeat and the owner would be thrilled. But we're dealing with a bank. There is only one way to get that house by Christmas and that would be to walk in with cash in hand.

I just completed 5 help a reporter out requests from HARO and we'll see what happens. I set up e-junkie to sell the My Quiet Dolls online but the nagging voice in the back of my head says lower the price to $1! So I have to figure that out myself or have my tech friend help me tomorrow as she's at work today.

A whole heart wish. I reread The Christmas Apron yesterday and cried. I can't help it but when my Spirit gets in touch with my heart my eyes just start leaking. This is a book that you can read to almost your whole family, at least all who are old enough to understand Santa's role in gifts and the part adults play in the "Santa Game" as we call it.

We're short I'm guessing $10,000 between where the bank wants to be and where we can be on asking price. For some that's not much but for others of us that's huge. I know God can do anything. I'm trying to do my part; work harder and smarter, fasting, praying, pondering. We've got the payment part worked out but not the bigger amount of cash we'd need to bring in at closing...well time to get dressed and get the kids taken care of and out the door for school. Send an extra prayer our way and let me know of any suggestions for making this all work.
always,
Vickie

1 comment: