Mission Not Impossible


The goal is to get my family in a house of our own by Christmas! I've got an imaginary board of directors to help and I'm willing to do whatever is legal and moral to make this happen! If a guy can get a house with "One Red Paperclip," I think I can do it too!

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hate my cover.....

Sorry Diana but I the more I look at the cover we created the more I dislike it. Hate is probably a strong word but I'm using it as the opposite of love at this point. I want to love my cover. I'm not currently posting it as I don't know how to shrink it down for an appropriate posting size. Budget is definitely a huge issue at this point as far as available cash or I'd see about hiring someone.

I've got several very creative local friends but the one I approached first - well, a slight improvement but still not loving it.

Would it be appropriate to do a contest? What regulations would I have to follow? I know I probably have to have the phrase "no purchase necessary" in my legal requirements. They really don't need to buy the pattern to enter. What would be an appropriate prize? An awesome one of a kind custom assembled doll kit and to have their cover published on the e-book?

Also I want these dolls on the market before Christmas so time is of the essence.

The more I think about it the more I'm thinking this could be blessing in disguise. I love contests. I love the idea of winning and competing in a creative endeavor. I could even post a few of those selected and see which one sells the best and that one would win.... E-junkie allows ten options before a price increase but that might be too many to make folks chose between. What would be the ideal number?

I'm giving this idea some mental time to peculate? I think I like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment