Mission Not Impossible


The goal is to get my family in a house of our own by Christmas! I've got an imaginary board of directors to help and I'm willing to do whatever is legal and moral to make this happen! If a guy can get a house with "One Red Paperclip," I think I can do it too!

Thursday, December 15, 2011

I want everyone to have a good Christmas...

John always talks about his worst Christmas ever. His mom was just off welfare and working at a small balsa wood glider manufacturer. His one present that year was one of the small balsa wood glider kits they made at her plant. It broke as he was putting it together. Not the kind of Christmas that warms your heart...and I don't think he ever really got over it.

As the oldest of seven in a more financially secure family, my Christmases were never grim. We always had sufficient. Once I even got the beautiful twirling ballerina doll I longed for. She sat on my bed forever until her batteries corroded and destroyed both her and my favorite handmade quilt covering them both with brown acid stains. I usually got a couple of good books, one of my favorite things, often about horses.

My parents really tried to get stuff we'd like but pleasing seven kids is really hard. Believe me I know as the mother of 8. I love arts and crafts but those kits you buy at the department stores only last for one or two projects. They don't allow for much self expression or real creativity.

My Quiet Dolls on the other hand have unlimited possibilities and variations. You can buy the materials at any craft department and you can go hog wild for under $10 at a real fabric store. Pink hair green hair purple hair- there's no limit to your choices. realistic or fanciful works of art will just pour out of your kids brains when they sit down with a basic pattern and a pile of felt and markers.

My dream is for every child to have a decent Christmas. I've priced My Quiet Dolls-Jack and Jill pattern at only $1.98. If you need a present for your child and are interested in them and can't afford the $2 please let me know. If you know of someone without computer access that needs a present and My Quiet Dolls would fit the bill and be welcomed let me know and we'll work something out.

Have a joyous blessed Christmas this year.
always,
Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment