Mission Not Impossible


The goal is to get my family in a house of our own by Christmas! I've got an imaginary board of directors to help and I'm willing to do whatever is legal and moral to make this happen! If a guy can get a house with "One Red Paperclip," I think I can do it too!

Friday, December 9, 2011

It was a good day.....

So yesterday Diana and I had very productive day on finishing up my introductory pattern to My Quiet Dolls. We've called it Jack and Jill and it contains patterns for one boy and girl and an outfit for each of them. The boy had overalls with cuffs at the bottom and the girl has a jumper with a ruffle at the bottom.

Today I'm asking friends to look over everything and see if I need to do anything to make it cuter or more professional or ????? It's so close and I could sell it as is on e-junkie but I want it to be the best it can be at this point. Wish I knew how to just post the cover but I'll probably have to have her send it to me as a separate file so I don't accidentally just post the whole thing :) After all one of the goals is to make some money for our house.

Another of my goals is to get these patterns into the hands of young girls to expand and develop their creativity and self esteem. Making something of quality and being allowed to chose hair color, skin color and how you want to personalize it is a great boost to a young artist's ego.

I can hardly wait till 6 when I break my fast... I held off today so that I could eat at the church Christmas party tomorrow instead of still fasting then. The 24 hours fast, 24 hours eat like regular, and then fast again thing is working pretty good but I didn't look at my calendar when I started.

I think fasting is easier for a guy unless he as a physical job like my husband the butcher. It's hard to be the mom and fast and have to make meals for everyone. I keep reminding myself, it's ok to be thirsty. I'm fasting.

I remember once when I was a teen and was driving somewhere with my sister. She pulled out a Twinkie and handed it to me and I devoured it before I even remembered I was fasting. I do much better now but all it takes is forgetting for a minute....
I'd better start now before I start talking more about food. Best to just think about other things like the house, like what will get us our house,,,, etc.
always,
Vickie

No comments:

Post a Comment