Mission Not Impossible


The goal is to get my family in a house of our own by Christmas! I've got an imaginary board of directors to help and I'm willing to do whatever is legal and moral to make this happen! If a guy can get a house with "One Red Paperclip," I think I can do it too!

Monday, August 22, 2011

James Dobson

James Dobson is my Monday morning addition to the board. After reading his bio online he is also perhaps the most controversial board member. I'm not sure if I first encountered Dr. Dobson as the author of books my parents read on how to raise kids or from his Focus on the Family radio show. I was a faithful listener while my children were younger and when my local radio station aired his broadcasts daily.

Dr. Dobson has raised two children successfully and has been involved in conservative politics and does not back down from his gospel based morality. He is a man with strong convictions and proclaims them.

When I think about some of our projects and how they just don't seem to have brought us the success and profits I think they should, I recall an interview with Dr. Dobson talking about when his second book came out and it wasn't generating the sales like his first book. He'd been ripping on the representative from the publishing company and then headed for his car. He heard a voice in his head-( God/The Holy Spirit) and it said if I want your book to do well it will and if I don't no one will ever hear of it- or something to that effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment