Mission Not Impossible


The goal is to get my family in a house of our own by Christmas! I've got an imaginary board of directors to help and I'm willing to do whatever is legal and moral to make this happen! If a guy can get a house with "One Red Paperclip," I think I can do it too!

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Which House?

We drove around our town last night and there are about four houses that look like they might work. The most expensive is $200,000 and the cheapest is $110,000. Of course those are the asking prices. There are lots of houses available and very few buyers right now which is one of the reasons we thought we'd better get on the ball and finally make getting a home of our own happen. We've spent 7+ years waiting to build and it's just never worked out.

Seriously, we were told there was a piece of land very close to where we're living now. We drove up and now that road and just couldn't find it- and it wasn't a very big road. As I was dropping my daughter off for college (only 30 minutes away) she mentioned that she had seen a sign and to try again. I drove back, found the sign and called immediately. The owners had just closed on it. When I asked how much it had sold for I was crushed- we could've written a CHECK and bought it outright at the time- 5 acres! :( That piece has since changed hands several time but if God blinded us to it at the low price I just can't imagine paying the high price for it now. I know wait on the Lord :)

No comments:

Post a Comment